Saturday 25 May 2013

Another tale to tell ...

Another book with its own tale to tell!

I've just received this book in the post this morning.  It was published in 1975.  It's still in excellent condition & its inner page has a stamp from, who I'm assuming to be, its previous owner ... Eric E Goranson, MD, from Portland, Oregon, USA.

I wonder if he was its only owner, or has it had many?  I wonder who Dr Goranson is, or was?  In holding what was once his book, I can 'sense' the ghosts of his eyes & fingers on the pages. 

My sense is of an older man, gentle and compassionate. An intelligent man who loved his work and his books ...

I could be completely wrong!  This image I've created could simply be my wishful thinking ... my own fantasy or phantasy (unconscious) image of the kind of man I want to think of having previously owned this book.

I can't imagine a time when I will ever get rid of my collection of therapy / eating disorders related books ... but I do wonder what will happen to them in the fullness of time when I'm no longer here to love them ...

Hopefully they can all rest assured that they have a loving home for a few decades yet ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment